Tickets purchased online can not be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, voucher or exchanged for cash. Ticket only redeemable at the attraction stated. The San Francisco Dungeon reserves the right to alter, close or remove details/exhibits without prior notice for technical, operational or other reasons, and that no refunds can be given in these circumstances. San Francisco Dungeon reserves the right to refuse entry without explanation.
Jump down to:
Booking Terms & Conditions
1. Making your booking
The party leader must be authorized to make the booking on the basis of these booking conditions by all persons named on the booking and by their parent or guardian for all party members who are under 18 when the booking is made. The party leader is responsible for making all payments due to us. The party leader must be at least 18 when the booking is made. All bookings must be made online via the website. At the end of the booking process, you are asked to confirm that you have read and agree with our booking conditions. Your booking will be confirmed by a booking reference, we will reconfirm your booking by email. The confirmation is sent to the email address which you enter/provide at the time of making your booking. However if you have spam filtering on your email account, our email might not reach you. Your email voucher will serve as proof of payment for your attraction ticket. You will need to present this confirmation email at the appropriate entrance to gain entry. You must take the confirmation email with you or you may not gain entry. Please check your booking confirmation carefully as soon as you receive it. Contact us immediately if any information on the confirmation appears to be incorrect or incomplete as it may not be possible to make changes later.
Full payment is required at the time of booking.
3. Your contract
A binding contract between you and San Francisco Dungeon US LLC comes into existence when the final page of the booking confirmation procedure gives you a booking reference. This contract incorporates the San Francisco Dungeon standard terms and conditions. This contract and all matters arising out of it are governed by both the law of the state in which the relevant San Francisco Dungeon is located and Federal law.
4. The cost of your ticket(s)
We are committed to providing great value offers on tickets; where possible offering discounts on entrance rates. There are likely to be some seasonal special offers and in some circumstances prices may go up or down. The price of your ticket(s) will be confirmed at the time of booking. We reserve the right to correct errors in both advertized and confirmed prices. We will do so as soon as we become aware of the error. A total price of your ticket(s) will be given before you confirm your booking which you may accept or not. All prices are for pre-booking and include VAT.
5. Changes by you
Once a booking reference has been issued it will not be possible to amend or transfer your booking.
6. Cancellation by you
Should you or any member of your party need to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, the party leader must immediately advise us. All cancellations must be made through the call center. As soon as you cancel, your unique confirmation email voucher will become void and non-redeemable. We regret it is not possible to make refunds in respect of cancelled bookings. For cancellations please contact our call center.
7. Changes and cancellation by us
Occasionally, we have to make changes to and correct errors and other details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and cancel confirmed bookings and we must reserve the right to do so. If we have to make a significant change or cancel, we will tell you as soon as possible. If there is time to do so before departure, we will offer you the choice of the following options:
(a) accepting the changed arrangements or
(b) purchasing an alternative ticket offer from us. If the chosen alternative date is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will not ask you to pay any more
(c) cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case you will receive a full refund of all monies you have paid to us.
Please note, the above options are not available where any change made is a minor one. In all cases, our liability for significant changes and cancellations is limited to offering you the above mentioned options. We regret we cannot pay any expenses, costs or losses incurred by you as a result of any change or cancellation.
8. Force Majeure
Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, we regret we cannot accept liability or pay any compensation where the performance or prompt performance of our contractual obligations is prevented or affected by or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss (as more fully described in clause 9 (1) below) as a result of "force majeure". In these booking conditions, "force majeure" means any event which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity or actual threatened terrorist activity, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and all similar events outside our control.
9. Our liability to you
(1) We promise to make sure that the ticket arrangements we have agreed to make, perform or provide as applicable as part of our contract with you are made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care. This means that, subject to these booking conditions, we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing, as applicable, your contracted arrangements. Please note it is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us. In addition, we will only be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment (for employees) or carrying out work we had asked them to do (for agents and suppliers).
(2) We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (for example loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other sum or claim of any description whatsoever which results from any of the following:
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- the act(s) and/or omission(s) of a third party not connected with the provision of visit and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable or
- 'force majeure' as defined in clause 8.
(3) Please note, we cannot accept responsibility for any services which do not form part of our contract. This includes, for example, any additional services or facilities which any supplier agrees to provide for you where the services or facilities are not advertized in our leaflet or website and we have not agreed to arrange them.
(4) The promises we make to you about the services we have agreed to provide or arrange as part of our contract will be used as the basis for deciding whether the services in question had been properly provided.
(5) Please note, we cannot accept any liability for any damage, loss, expense or other sum(s) of any description (1) which on the basis of the information given to us by you concerning your booking prior to our accepting it, we could not have foreseen you would suffer or incur if we breached our contract with you or (2) which did not result from any breach of contract or other fault by ourselves or our employees or, where we are responsible for them, our suppliers. Additionally we cannot accept liability for any business losses.
(6) You must provide ourselves and our insurers with all assistance we may reasonably require. You must also tell us and the supplier concerned about your claim or complaint as set out in clause 12 below. If asked to do so, you must transfer to us or our insurers any rights you have against the supplier or whoever else is responsible for your claim or complaint (if the person concerned is under 18, their parent or guardian must do so). You must also agree to cooperate fully with us and our insurers if we or our insurers want to enforce any rights which are transferred".
10. Complaints and problems
In the unlikely event that you have any reason to complain or experience any problems with your visit to an attraction, you must immediately inform the supplier of the service(s) in question. Any verbal notification must be put in writing as soon as possible. Until we know about a problem or complaint, we cannot begin to resolve it. You must write to our Visitor Services Team at the attraction you have visited, within 28 days of the end of the visit to the attraction giving your booking reference and full details of your complaint. For all complaints and claims which do not involve death, personal injury or illness, we regret we cannot accept liability if you fail to notify the complaint or claim entirely in accordance with this clause.
11. Your responsibilities
Bookings are accepted on the understanding that all persons are normally in good health and able to fulfil the physical demands of the attraction visit. It is your responsibility to ensure all members of the party are in possession of all necessary travel and health documents before departure. We cannot accept any liability or associated costs if you are refused entry onto transport or into the attraction country as a result of failure to carry correct documentation.
12. Conditions of suppliers
Many of the services which make up your visit are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions (see clause 9 (3)). Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from the supplier concerned.
13. Special requests and medical problems
If you have any special request, you must advise us at the time of booking. Although we will endeavour to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier, we regret we cannot guarantee any request will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part. Confirmation that a special request has been noted or passed on to the supplier or the inclusion of the special request on your confirmation invoice or any other documentation is not confirmation that the request will be met. Unless and until specifically confirmed, all special requests are subject to availability.
14. Call monitoring and recording
As part of our continuing effort to ensure you receive the highest service standards, we may monitor and record your call for training purposes.
Please make sure you have directions to the San Francisco Dungeon; basic directions are also provided on your email voucher. Directions should be used in conjunction with an up to date map.
Please check parking arrangements. Parking is always at the vehicle owner's risk.
17. Best price guarantee
Book more than 14 days in advance of your visit date and we guarantee that The San Francisco Dungeon will have the lowest priced priority entrance tickets available. If you find a cheaper price within 7 days of booking, we will match it and refund the difference!
The best price guarantee is subject to availability and times of date. The ticket must be the same in all respects including date, time of entry and admission priority. Excludes offers conditional on buying other products, group bookings or discounted membership schemes.
18. The San Francisco Dungeon ticket terms and conditions
Priority entrance tickets give you priority over the general admission queue. There may be a wait at the entrance during busy times, but priority entrance has priority over the main queue and you will gain entry much more quickly during busy times. For priority entrance ticket holders, please join the queue at the priority entrance door and present the booking confirmation at admissions to gain entry to the attraction.
For general admission ticket holders, join the main queue and present your booking confirmation at admissions to gain entry to the attraction. (If in doubt please check first with a member of staff at the door which queue to join.).
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Site.
By using this Site you signify your consent to these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the Terms, please do not use the Site. The Site is owned and operated by Merlin Entertainments Group. Merlin Entertainments Group maintain the Site for your personal entertainment and information. Please feel free to browse the Site. You may download material displayed on the Site for non-commercial, home personal use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices. You may not, however, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way the contents of this Site including the text, images, audio and video for public or commercial purposes, without written permission from Merlin Entertainments Group.
Terms and Conditions
- You should assume that everything you see or read on this Site is protected by copyright unless otherwise stated and may only be used according to these Terms and Conditions. Merlin Entertainments Group do not warrant or represent that your use of materials displayed on this Site will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with Merlin Entertainments Group. Images are either the property of, or used with permission by, Merlin Entertainments Group. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
- Merlin Entertainments Group use reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on the Site. However, Merlin Entertainments Group make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of the information. Merlin Entertainments Group assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this Site.
- Furthermore, your use of and browsing in this Site is at your risk. Neither Merlin Entertainments Group nor any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site is liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your access to, or use of, the Site. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Please note that some the jurisdictions may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some of above exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Merlin Entertainments Group also assume no responsibility and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in the Site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the Site.
What personal information do we ask for?
When you have searched for prices and availability and are ready to confirm your booking, we will ask for your name, your postal address and your e-mail address. We'll also need your credit/debit card details (including card number, cardholder name and expiration date) in order to take payment and confirm the booking on-line. If you're paying by debit card we may also need to take the start date and issue number of the card. We'll also ask you for your telephone number in case we need to contact you urgently regarding your booking.
How does The San Francisco Dungeon use this personal information?
We need your 'name' so we can confirm to the car park operator who the booking is for. We need your 'credit card' details so that we can collect payment for your booking. We need your 'name' and 'address' to confirm that the credit card belongs to you. We also need your 'address' in case we have to write to you about any part of your booking in advance of your stay. We might use your 'telephone number' or 'e-mail address' in the unlikely event that we need to contact you urgently about your booking. We may also use this information to let you know about any special offers/promotions we think would be of interest to you. We may also use your IP (Internet Protocol) address to diagnose problems with our server and administer the site - monitoring visitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the The San Francisco Dungeon site further.
How does The San Francisco Dungeon protect customer information?
All the information you give us when booking is protected by a secure server. The secure server software SSL (Secure Socket Layers) encrypts all information you enter before it is sent to us. The information is only de-encrypted when it reaches our server. You can tell our site is secure as a small locked padlock will appear in the bottom left of your browser to show that you can safely send credit card details through our site. Another indicator is that our secure pages will not display a 'security alert' message. We also have a Firewall (security software) in place to protect our internal information from the Internet.
Yes, The San Francisco Dungeon uses 'temporary cookies', which are only used during the booking process. (A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to store on a web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. This is useful for having the browser remember some specific information (ref. Cookie Central).
Will The San Francisco Dungeon disclose any of this personal information to third parties?
The The San Francisco Dungeon will only disclose your name and booking details to our suppliers (see above) for operational purposes. We will not pass on your details to other companies for their marketing purposes. We won't disclose credit/debit card numbers unless we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
Will The San Francisco Dungeon use the information I give for direct marketing?
Yes, but we ask you for your permission and we'll only send you details of products the Merlin Entertainments Group offer.